As Rainbow Six Siege continues to grow in popularity, players want to make a name for themselves in ranked. But it can be a bit embarrassing to join competitive lobbies with a weird old gamertag you picked back in high school.
Luckily, you aren't stuck with old gamertags in Rainbow Six Siege. Here is how to change your name in Rainbow Six Siege on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.
Changing your Rainbow Six Siege name on PC is the most difficult because you need access to the Ubisoft account that you used to download Rainbow Six Seige (all those years ago). While it has the most steps, it's luckily pretty straightforward.
Here is how to change your Rainbow Six Siege name on PC:
- Open up the Ubisoft application
- Type in your account ID and password to log in
- Once logged in, click on your profile in the top-right corner
- Click on "edit profile" to open Ubisoft's official website
- At this stage, you might be asked to enter your login information again
- Click on your profile image icon in the top right of the screen once logged into Ubisoft's website
- Scroll down and click on "account management" and then "account information"
- Click the pencil icon on the right side of your Ubisoft username
- Enter your new username
You don't want to pick a new username that you're unsure about — you'll be stuck with it for 30 days. After that time period, you can change your Ubisoft username again.
There are some guidelines to keep in mind when making a new Rainbow Six Siege name on Ubisoft's website.
First, the username has to be a minimum of three characters. The max is 15 characters long. The username has to start with a letter. Only letters, numbers, underscores, dashes, and periods can be used.
No offensive names are allowed on Ubisoft's application.
Changing your name on Rainbow Six Siege requires you to change your PlayStation Network account name. Here is how to change your PSN account name:
- Go to your settings
- Click on "account management"
- Head to account information
- Navigate to the "profile option" and then go to "online ID"
- You'll need to accept the terms of PSN and then press "continue"
- Enter your new online ID and press "confirm" to finalize
The first time you change your PSN online ID it's completely free. But think about your new name carefully — it's $10 to change your name each time going forward.
Want to change your Rainbow Six Siege name on XBox? Similar to the PlayStation, you'll need to change your Xbox gamertag. Here is how to change your Xbox gamertag:
- Go to your profile on the top left of the screen
- Go to "my profile" and press A
- Click on the "customize profile" option
- Press A to change your name
- Type your desired gamer tag and then finalize it by clicking "yes" after
No matter the platform you play Rainbow Six Siege on, it's important to be proud of your name within the game. Luckily you can change your in-game name on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. But keep in mind that there are some limitations, so make sure the change is truly what you want as you climb up the ranks.
SiegeGG is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how readers support SiegeGG.