Missed the hit movie "APAC Strikes Back"? Or BOTH the 2020 finalists losing to the same team? Jacki Jing recaps the best of the Group A and B action during playdays three and four of the Six Invitational!
Be sure to also check out our pre-SI coverage including our event preview articles:
- Six Invitational 2021 Preview: Teams, Schedule, and Who to Watch
- Six Invitational 2021: By the Numbers
And our 18 pre-event team interviews:
- TSM: "Playing the regular season on LAN is awesome ... you don't have to deal with online Siege bullshit"
- DarkZero Esports: "We still haven't added in our identity to our play style ... but with this boot camp we have time"
- Spacestation Gaming: "[Canadian] is a competitor, he gives his heart and soul to what he believes in"
- Oxygen Esports: "Kyno knew he was not our first choice and I think that lit a fire in his eyes"
- Parabellum Esports: "People will probably underestimate us, but that's on them and we'll make sure to prove them wrong"
- BDS Esport: "I don't see us as favourites ... but I think we have got the capacity to be the best"
- Mkers: "Playing without precise strategies or bans (in the PGN) is just a precaution that we felt we had to take"
- Team Empire: "Confidence is the most important part ... In a Bo1, even one mistake can cost you three points"
- Virtus.pro: "We're struggling to close out rounds while having big advantages, so we are trying to work on that" (Interview before the DQ)
- Team Liquid: "The previous Invitational cannot be forgotten, it must serve as a lesson for everyone"
- Ninjas in Pyjamas: "The biggest lesson learnt from that loss was how to deal with that much pressure"
- Team oNe eSports: "We studied every single player, even my analyst, before we signed them, so that the team could be perfect"
- FaZe Clan: "They said that we would play in another European country if things went wrong"
- MIBR: "For them, it will be the first [such tournament] ... Pressure will be the biggest enemy"
- FURIA Esports: "Empire proved to every team that [reaching the Grand Final] is possible, there's no reason to think otherwise"