CCS has announced their Tactical Realism Summer Arena running on the 25th for Europe and the 26th for North America. They will be partnering with Sternab to host a fun alternative to competitive Siege.
Sternab had this to say about his partnership with CCS.
"As someone who has been involved in the competitive scene for a long time now I constantly pay attention to what players like and dislike. I've realized that with the way the meta has changed recently has moved very far from what Rainbow Six was originally like, while I don't see this as a bad thing it is nice to be able to give an opportunity to players to do something a little different. I came up with this as a fun 1 day tournament that people can enjoy and to also explore the different possibilities with custom games. I hope you all enjoy this tournament and I look forward to creating more in the future. I would also like to give a big shout out the people here at CCS who were instrumental in the testing, implementation and creation of this tournament, without them this would not have been possible."
- Europe- August 25 at 11:00 BST (timezone: Europe/London)
- North America- August 26 at 11:00 EST (timezone: America/New York)
- Tactical Realism
- Secure Area
- Recruit only
- No Shields, No M870, No F2
- $250 NA, $250 EU- winner takes all.
What is Tactical Realism?
Tactical Realism is a custom game mode for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. It is a hardcore version of the original game mode. The main point for this game mode is making player rely on communications and teamwork instead of the HUD.
- Limited HUD (Heads Up Display)
- Realistic Magazine Management for ammo
- For guns that use magazines, a player starts with a fixed number of magazines, each fully filled with ammo.
- Reloading the gun swaps to the next available magazine. If the current magazine is not empty, it is put back into the end of the magazine queue.
- Kill confirmations removed.
- Cannot mark enemies.
- The complete rulebook for the event can be found here.
If you have further questions, please join the CCS Discord.